For those who need more than one good reason…
What is Social Media? Social Media is a form of media that allows you to share information and interact with people instantly all over the world. There are many Social Media networks, but the largest are Twitter and Facebook. It’s the most inexpensive, quickest and far reaching communication that we have available today.
Businesses are just starting to make use of Social Media and this is a great time to get established in the digital landscape. Below, we have provided ten reasons why for those who need more than one good reason to try something new…
1. Be In The Conversation. Look around… People are using Social Media on their cel phones while walking, talking, at the gym and even while driving. They are talking with someone, why not you? If you are available and on personal speaking terms with your customer, they are more likely to trust you enough to do business with you.
2. Marketing Tool. You get to lower your advertising expenses while at the same time connecting with your clients. Successful businesses use this to handle their customer service, sales and instantly deliver targeted messages to consumers. The best part about this is that you don’t have to use carefully written ad copy. You can just be yourself.
3. Improved Website Ranking. Having Social Media and a blog works hand in hand with your main website and optimizing your website for Search Engines and free search exposure. The more of these things you have active, the more interesting it is for search engines and users. Social Media also extends the reach of your website into other channels.
4. New Leads and Customers. You can not only pick up business from your current friends and customers but you can also reach out to their friends on Social Media. On average, each Facebook user has 130 friends for them (and you) to reach out to. People look to Social Media to help them make purchasing decisions.
5. You Are The Expert. An active Social Media presence shows the world that you are an expert in your field. Your voice can be heard at the same level as far larger businesses. And if you are the expert, your customers will be going to you instead of your competitors.
6. Cut The Cord. Being on Social Media let you show you have an active business and can more easily be approached to participate in joint ventures and partnerships. Stop relying on local Chambers and chance meetings to partner.
7. Clients Get To Know You. Your website and Social Media can let customers get to know your personality before they meet you. You can use Social Media to interact and connect with clients and keep yourself in their mind’s eye constantly. What better way to be exposed to what your clients want than by talking to them for just a few minutes each day?
8. Save Yourself Time. Can you make the time to talk with all your customers daily, at any time of day? With Social Media, you can. The average Facebook user spends 55 minutes a day on Facebook. Social Media is the number one activity, topping out even over using email, and 66% of people are on social networks. That’s where your customers are most easily reached.
9. Save Yourself Money. One day in the newspaper is one month in CheckItSmart, and you can reach more people in one Social Media update than those few who may see your ad in the one night’s newspaper. No matter how small your niche offering is, you can find communities who are interested in your brand much more efficiently and inexpensively.
10. Research and Development. Your products and services will change over time. If you listen to your Social Media contacts, you can improve your offerings to better fit what they want. You can ask questions and get immediate feedback, whether they are about complaints, compliments, needs, competitors or entirely new things – don’t you want to know?
11. It Doesn’t Stop at 10 Reasons. Social Media technology continues to expand with the increased use of wireless phones and website integration. The audience and opportunity is growing in new and exciting ways.
As you can see, there is much to be lost by not being on Social Media.
If you’re like many other business owners, you are thinking that you don’t have time to learn about Social Media, much less learn how to use it effectively. Let us answer your questions, help you get started and make Social Media work for you. We can save you the time and hassle of getting your Social Media presence up and rolling. See what we can help you do.